Being the start of a new year, it is a useful time to start thinking about what you can change this year to start improving your financial situation, and where you want to be in ten years time.
Following is a list of the sort of areas that could be considered:
• Review/update wills and powers of attorney. Those who don’t have wills should consider putting one in place, particularly if they have dependants or own major assets.
• Will your retirement savings be adequate? Even if your retirement is some way off, the sooner you start thinking about it, the better.
• Review mix and performance of investments – including those in superannuation.
• Review this year’s changes to superannuation rules to make sure you are complying.
• Check insurance cover and needs, and update as necessary – particularly important for selfemployed people, and sole income earners in the family.
• Set a budget for next year – which also takes into account where you want to be in five years time.
• List your personal circumstances and expectations to see what other issues should be considered.
Make an appointment with Paul Baggetta, a Taxation Accountant & Financial Planner for over 30 years, to help you put a plan in place. Phone 9317 7300.
January 4, 2018
December 29, 2017
December 21, 2017
Subscribe to the Baggetta newsletter to stay updated with regular industry and company news.
For more information about the services we provide, or to find out if you are eligible for a free no-obligation consultation, call us now on 9317 7300.
The information provided on this website, including the material and contents provided in the website publications, are informative in nature only and you should not act specifically on the basis of this information alone. It should not be used as a substitute for legal, business, accounting, tax, financial planning or other professional advice. If expert assistance is required, professional advice should be obtained.
Paul Baggetta is the Founder & Principal of Baggetta & Co. Paul Baggetta has been a Taxation Accountant since 1981, a Financial Planner since 1998, and in 1993 qualified as a Real Estate Licensee, holding a Triennial Certificate (currently not trading) and operated his own Real Estate business for property investment clients for over 5 years as a second business.
Financial planning services are provided by Paul Baggetta as an Authorised Representative (No. 261469) of Capstone Financial Planning Pty Ltd. ABN 24 093 733 969. Australian Financial Services License No. 223135.
Taxation & Accounting services are provided by Paul Baggetta as a Registered Tax Agent (No.61487008) and is a Member of SMSF Association, FIPA & NTAA.