Being the start of a new year, it is a useful time to start thinking about what you can change this year to start improving your financial situation, and where you want to be in ten years time.
Following is a list of the sort of areas that could be considered:
• Review/update wills and powers of attorney. Those who don’t have wills should consider putting one in place, particularly if they have dependants or own major assets.
• Will your retirement savings be adequate? Even if your retirement is some way off, the sooner you start thinking about it, the better.
• Review mix and performance of investments – including those in superannuation.
• Review this year’s changes to superannuation rules to make sure you are complying.
• Check insurance cover and needs, and update as necessary – particularly important for selfemployed people, and sole income earners in the family.
• Set a budget for next year – which also takes into account where you want to be in five years time.
• List your personal circumstances and expectations to see what other issues should be considered.
Make an appointment with Paul Baggetta, a Taxation Accountant & Financial Planner for over 30 years, to help you put a plan in place. Phone 9317 7300.
February 2, 2017
January 30, 2017
January 27, 2017
Subscribe to the Baggetta newsletter to stay updated with regular industry and company news.
For more information about the services we provide, or to find out if you are eligible for a free no-obligation consultation, call us now on 9317 7300.
The information provided on this website is for general guidance only and is no substitute for professional advice. It should not be used as a substitute for legal, business, accounting, tax, financial planning or other professional advice.