Many Australians are facing the very real prospect of financial hardship following Government action to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
We have all seen the news media coverage of businesses forced to close and the devastating effect this is having on business owners, their staff and their families.
Many will struggle to find work. Others may never work again.
Faced with these challenges, it can be difficult to know where to begin, and depending on your circumstances a number of questions may arise, such as:
- Am I eligible to access support from Centrelink, and if so, how do I go about this?
- How do I pay for cost of living expenses while transitioning into new employment or retirement?
- Can I afford to retire now?
- Can I access my Super?
- How can I make the most of my employer redundancy payment?
If you, or some you know, is facing these challenges we can help by:
- Providing clear guidance regarding any Centrelink payments you may be entitled to receive
- Determining whether you may be eligible to gain early access to your Super and assessing whether this may, or may be, be a wise option for you
- Helping you to make the most of a redundancy payment
- Working out whether you may be able to afford to retire early.
We are available to help you, or someone you care for, to make the most of a difficult situation and to navigate a path forward.